Placeholder canvas

Enforcement of Existing Orders

Enforcement Options Available in California

If the other party is not following orders, you have the ability to have a court enforce the orders. Available enforcement options include: obtaining an Income Withholding Order or an Earnings Assignment Order for payment of support, filing a Motion to enforce specific terms of an order, and filing a Contempt action (which is a quasi-criminal action) that could result in monetary sanctions as well as possible jail time.

Contact the Walnut Creek Divorce Attorneys at Whiting, Ross, Abel & Campbell, LLP Today

If you are going through or have gone through divorce and need help enforcing an existing order for support, we can help. The family lawyers at Whiting, Ross, Abel & Campbell, LLP service the San Francisco Bay Area of California and can file a motion or Contempt action to enforce an order. Contact us today.

Skip to content